Over Thirty Baseball, Inc.
COVID-19 Specific Guidelines
- All players, umpires and visitors are asked to maintain social distancing of 6 feet/2 meters whenever feasible. This is particularly critical in the
dugout area. If social distance cannot be maintained, players must wear face coverings.
- Greetings such as shaking of hands or other greetings that do not allow for the 6 feet/2 meter social distance shall be strongly discouraged.
- Post-game handshakes will be replaced by lining up on the baselines and tipping our caps.
- Hand sanitizer stations shall be provided in common areas (dugouts, meeting places).
- Frequent cleaning of common and high touch areas shall be performed with cleaners that are effective against COVID-19. All players, umpires, and visitors
are asked to complete the OTB Player Self-Assessment Questionnaire and follow the guidelines provided.
- All batters, home plate umpire, and first basemen when holding on runners are required to wear face coverings.
- Implement passive screening at all locations. Managers should observe players at all times and evaluate players with symptoms. Any player exhibiting symptoms
should be reviewed and directed to leave the field unless symptoms are a result of a known condition.
- Baseballs may present a significant contact hazard during practices. Players are highly encouraged to utilize hand sanitizer often and avoid touching their face
while in the field. Defensive teams are required to furnish baseballs to their pitcher.
- If local regulations are more stringent than these guidelines, local requirements must be followed.
- Umpires shall call balls and strikes from behind the catcher. Base umpires shall remain at least six feet away from all play whenever feasible.
- Fielders: First basemen while holding baserunner must wear face coverings.
- Batters are required to wear face covering while at the plate.
- Shared water coolers or drinks shall not be used during games. Players shall be responsible for bringing their own drinks to stay hydrated.
- Equipment shall remain separated from each player and there will be no sharing of bats, gloves, catching equipment, etc.
- No seeds or chewing tobacco allowed. Spitting is strongly discouraged.
Click the icon to download a printable PDF of this document.