Over Thirty Baseball, Inc.
COVID-19 Specific Guidelines
- All players, umpires and visitors are asked to maintain social distancing of 6 feet/2 meters whenever feasible. This is particularly critical in the
dugout area. If social distance cannot be maintained, players must wear face coverings.
- Greetings such as shaking of hands or other greetings that do not allow for the 6 feet/2 meter social distance shall be strongly discouraged.
- Post-game handshakes will be replaced by lining up on the baselines and tipping our caps.
- Hand sanitizer stations shall be provided in dugouts. Players in dugouts must maintain 6 foot distancing or wear face coverings.
- Cleaning of common and high touch areas shall be performed with cleaners that are effective against COVID-19. All players, umpires, and visitors
are asked to complete the OTB Player Self-Assessment Questionnaire and follow the guidelines provided.
- All players, umpires, and visitors are asked to wear face coverings at all times when they cannot maintain 6 foot distancing.
- Implement passive screening at all locations. Managers should observe players at all times and evaluate players with symptoms. Any player exhibiting symptoms
should be reviewed and directed to leave the field unless symptoms are a result of a known condition.
- Baseballs may present a significant contact hazard during practices. Each team will provide their own baseballs when in the field to limit possible exposure between
teams. Players are highly encouraged to utilize hand sanitizer often and avoid touching their face while in the field.
- If local regulations are more stringent than these guidelines, local requirements must be followed.
- Umpires shall call balls and strikes from behind the catcher however will wear a face covering. Base umpires shall remain at least 6 feet away from
all play whenever feasible.
- First basemen are asked to wear face coverings when holding a baserunner on base.
- Batters are required to wear face covering while batting.
- Shared water coolers or drinks shall not be used during games. Players shall be responsible for bringing their own water to stay hydrated.
- Equipment shall remain separated from each player and there will be no sharing of bats, gloves, catching equipment, etc.
- Each team shall provide their own baweballs to be used while they are in the field.
- No seeds or chewing tobacco allowed. Spitting strongly discouraged.
Click the icon to download a printable PDF of this document.